Playa del Coco, Tamarindo / Playa Grande / Langosta, Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste)
|# Of Participants||
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Panga (Small Boat, max 6 ppl), Bote (Boat w/toilet, max 10 ppl)
Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point
$465.00 – $1,650.00
Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point
Surf Trip by Boat!
About These Surf Breaks
Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point surf breaks are the perfect surf trip / day trip! While it is occasionally accessible to beginners, we only recommend this trip for intermediate and advanced surfers for your safety.
Witch’s Rock, also known as Witches Rock or, in Spanish, Roca Bruja, is a heavy wave in open ocean. There are multiple peaks so you get a shot at left and right hand waves. It became famous in the film Endless Summer and has been a must-surf for advanced surfers looking to score great waves ever since!
Ollie’s Point is a (slightly) lesser-known surf break made famous in Endless Summer 2, but equally as awesome. It is a right-hand point break that offers rides up to 300 meters long during the correct season.
These two breaks work on different tides and swells, making them a great combination for a full day of surfing on the open ocean! Our experienced local captain will determine what break or breaks to take you to based on the conditions; Certain times of the year, it will be only Witch’s Rock, while others you may surf both Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s Point. If you’re extra lucky, our captain may just give you a session at a more hush-hush break if the right conditions align (we just request that you don’t surf and tell – help us keep these gems uncrowded)!
- Private Roundtrip Ground Transportation (if starting from Tamarindo / Playa Grande / Langosta)
- Boat trip to Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point surf breaks
- Local Captain/Crew that know the waves and the tides
- Boat (choose from a traditional Panga – 6 person max, or a larger boat with toilet on board – 10 person max)
- Drinks & Snacks
- National Park Fee
What’s the schedule for surfing Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point?
The boat portion is from 6 am – 1/3 pm (ground transport to/from Tamarindo / Playa Grande / Langosta is an additional 1.5 hours before and after)
- ~4:30 am Pickup from your accommodations (if staying in Tamarindo / Playa Grande / Langosta)
- 6 am – ~1/3 pm (varies based on conditions) meet at the beach for ~8 hour surf trip by boat to Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point
- ~2 pm Ground transport upon return to land back to accommodations (if staying in Tamarindo / Playa Grande / Langosta)
What to Bring?
- Surfboard & Leash
- Reef Safe Sunscreen
- Surf Wax
- Lunch or Extra Snacks (it’s a long day out there)
- Motion Sickness Medication (if you are prone to seasickness)
- Change of clothes (for the ride home)
- Tip Money (for your excellent crew)!
The Boat Options
1. Panga – Max 6 people
2. Bote – Max 10 people
3. Additional Luxury Boat options to Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point, Costa Rica available (contact us if interested for more information)